Chat with us, powered by LiveChat I need to give at least a 75-word comment on my class mate's post Extreme "Child" or "Blind Spot" Experiences Herman Dr Orner and Class, for this week's discussion topic I chose "Transactional Analysis" because I've had numerous experiences from the mili | WriteDemy

I need to give at least a 75-word comment on my class mate’s post

Extreme “Child” or “Blind Spot” Experiences

Herman

Dr Orner and Class, for this week’s discussion topic I chose “Transactional Analysis” because I’ve had numerous experiences from the military that reminded me of the transactional analysis modes. According to Dr. Eric Berne, transactional analysis is the idea that a person’s behavior, actions, and social relationships are a reflection of how they interact with others. Transactional analysis operates around three modes, parent mode, child mode, and adult mode which describe the overall interaction between two people. The parent mode displays authority, highly experienced, knowledgeable, and encouraging attitude. The child mode represents a young inexperience, misguided, uncontrollable person who exhibits immature behavior when confronted or challenged by others. The adult mode displays a reasonable mature reaction to favorable and non-favorable interaction with others.

Many years ago when I was in the Army I had several professional encounters with younger soldiers under me that reminded me of the parent to child communication relationship. There were many past encounters where my younger subordinates took on the character of a child when interacting with me and other leaders about work related issues. I remember one specific occasion in Germany, were I had a couple of new soldiers in my section that lacked initiative, motivation, and knowledge of simple task. These particular soldiers quickly became my special project because they would always develop an “I can’t do it” attitude when it came to physical work which meant someone else had to pull their load. I remember a lot of our initial conversations resembled a parent to child relation as I pushed them to except their duties and responsibilities as soldiers and team member. At that time in my life I truly felt like I was finishing raising other people’s children as they entered the Army as young adults. Overall each situation turned out well over time and our professional relationships developed into adult to adult interactions as they learned and became more mature.                                     

Reference:

Puckridge, P. (2009) Transactional Analysis in Action, Retrieved 27 March 2017 from https://

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFT2HJliaKE&list=PLRn0GjEedVvioZq6tK-Iwi83sRdHUFok

Herman

Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.

Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.

Do you need an answer to this or any other questions?

About Writedemy

We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.

How It Works

To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.

Are there Discounts?

All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.

Hire a tutor today CLICK HERE to make your first order