Question Description
|
carefully read the three "This I Believe" examples below. For each one, figure out how you can summarize the main belief and specific examples in your own words. Write a one-sentence summary of the author's main belief– include the title (in quotation marks) and author of the essay in this sentence, also. Then write 2-3 sentences summarizing the examples that support the main idea and/or explain the writer's reasons behind the belief. *Note: a summary can include only a few key vocabulary terms from the original text. Everything else needs to be completely in your own words and use only your own sentence patterns. *Note: Any reference to a text should start with a sentence that includes the author and the title (quotation marks for an essay or article tile, and italics/underline for a book or publication title). Exercise 1In each of the following items, you will find words with similar denotations. Identify the words’ connotations as positive, negative, or neutral. The first one is done for you as an example.
Exercise 2Directions: Edit the following paragraph by replacing the slang words and phrases with more formal language. Copy and paste it. Then edit the best you can. I felt like such an airhead when I got up to give my speech. As I walked toward the podium, I banged my knee on a chair. Man, I felt like such a klutz. On top of that, I kept saying “like” and “um,” and I could not stop fidgeting. I was so stressed out about being up there. I feel like I’ve been practicing this speech 24/7, and I still bombed. It was ten minutes of me going off about how we sometimes have to do things we don’t enjoy doing. Wow, did I ever prove my point. My speech was so bad I’m surprised that people didn’t boo. My teacher said not to sweat it, though. Everyone gets nervous his or her first time speaking in public, and she said, with time, I would become a whiz at this speech giving stuff. I wonder if I have the guts to do it again. Exercise 3Revise the following sentences by replacing the clichés with fresh, original descriptions. If you are not familiar with the cliché, you may need to look it up before you can re-write the sentence. Copy and paste. Then edit the best you can.
|
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
About Writedemy
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.