Chat with us, powered by LiveChat Paragraph 2 | WriteDemy

Question Description

Please write a Paragraph answering to this discussion below with your opinion. Please include citations and references in case of another source.

Cultural Competence is described as a provider having mastered a set of skills in order to be aware and sensitive to cultural situation (Green & Reincken, 2013). Cultural competency is an imperative concept for nurses to master in order to best serve their patients and provided patient-centered care (Green & Reincken, 2013). When speaking of cultural competence disparity and diversity (Green & Reincken, 2013) are two components that affect health care. With our nations growing population and influx of diversity, it is not possible for health care providers to ignore the need to become cultural competent. A common disparity in these groups is low socioeconomic status, these patients are usual not educated; therefore, they cannot get quality jobs nor health insurance (Green & Reincken, 2013).

"The absence of health care coverage deprives the individual of proactive measures and access to preventative care and in past years forced over 100 million Americans to seek refuge in Emergency Departments (EDs) around the country (Green & Reincken, 2013)." I work in the ED and have seen this every single day. Until I read this article I really didn't understand why patients were coming to the ED instead of just going to the doctor's office for a cold or tooth ache. The shows me that I am not as culturally competent as I thought I was and I need to do better for my patients. I need to lead by example and get educated on the different demographics I serve in the community. I must allow my self the time to ask more questions from my patients and see what I can do to help them more.

I feel all nurses need to take the time to self reflect and see where their short comings are in the nursing practice. We all have strengths and weaknesses and we must keep learning in order to do better for our patients.

References:

Green, Z. D., & Reinckens, J. (2013). Cultural Competency in Health Care: What Can Nurses Do. The Maryland Nurse News and Journal, 16. Retrieved May 21, 2018, from http://eds.b.ebscohost.com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/ehos…

Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.

Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.

Do you need an answer to this or any other questions?

About Writedemy

We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.

How It Works

To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.

Are there Discounts?

All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.

Hire a tutor today CLICK HERE to make your first order